Why Your Child's Sippy Cup Could be Making Them Sick!
A sippy cup is a must have accessory for most kids because they are unbreakable, easy to hold and come with lids that are designed to make it difficult for little hands to spill the contents everywhere. However, a recent online post by father Craig Beresford is making parents question the health and safety of the sippy cups they are using.
Craig recently posted a photo of his 7 year old daughter's sippy cup lid on Facebook. She had been having an upset stomach and diarrhoea for almost a month and he couldn't figure out why. He figured it might be the bottle, the only thing she had constantl
Some people criticised Craig, saying that he didn't clean the bottle properly. However, Craig would rinse the bottle and cap in boiling water and sterilize it every day. The mould was found within the cap, which was difficult to break open and wasn't desi
The post Craig made was shared over 50,000 times and after that many parents opened up the lids of their own sippy cups. Many of them found gross mould and bacteria, even those with different brands than the one Craig had used.
This image was shared by a French mother named Penny Powell whose friend's son was chronically ill. She broke open the anti-leak cap of his sippy cup and found this disgusting mould.
She also found the gross black mould within the cap of her own child's cup.
Exposure to mould is extremely unhealthy and can cause health issues such as eye irritation, breathing problems, nose and throat irritation, diarrhoea, stomach-ache and vomiting. In response the French sippy cup brand Penny used is looking into the issue.